You can use either acorn squash and small pumpkins to make these delightful candles. They are so pretty you will want to have several for each room. Make enough to send home with dinner guests on Thanksgiving. The perfect autumn decor.
What You Need:
- Acorn squash or small pumpkins
- String for wick
- needle with a large eye
What you do:
- Cut the top off an acorn squash or pumpkin or gourd.
- Remove the seeds and inside flesh. This will be your candle mold.
- Thread a wick through the bottom of your squash using a long needle .
- Seal the bottom with a bit of clay.
- Pour the melted paraffin in.
NOTE:Our candles shrunk some and we had to add more paraffin as we went. When your candle is all hardened peel off your pumpkin shell and you have your own special candle.